Thursday, August 28, 2014

$10 and a Pear

This is so lame but i'm sharing anyway. So almost every Saturday morning the hubby and I watch Man v. Food on the Travel Channel, laying in bed with empty stomachs we watch as Adam Richman travels the country in search of America's greatest food challenges. Anyway, last weekend was no different, we watched an amazing looking Calzone being made and ever since I have been craving one! Well today a group of people were ordering from Neno's Cafe here in Torrance (I have never eaten there before) and well a light went off in my head and I was so excited, I was finally going to satisfy my craving for that damn Calzone!! I placed my order and when the food arrived I did not hesitate to dig in, it was beautiful looking, it was loaded with pepperoni and cheese and when I took a bite I about lost it! This was by far the saltiest piece of food that I have ever tasted in my life, I mean horribly salty! I forced myself to eat the slice that I had cut off and tossed the rest, what a disappointment. Now I am down $10 and I feel like crap...

Wandering around the office feeling bloated as all get out and sucking down as much water as I could muster I pass by my bosses office and it was like a light had broken through the ceiling shinning onto her conference table, in the middle was the most beautiful fruit bowl you ever did see! All I could think was if I eat a piece of fruit it might neutralize the salt taste in my mouth!!! So I grabbed the biggest pear that I think I have ever seen in my life and started eating it, for those of you that know me really well know that I am allergic to to some fruits and veggies, like Kiwi, Avocado, Bananas, just to name a few.   Well my lips began to feel puffy and well apparently I am also allergic to Pears!!

So now not only am I down $10 from a crappy Calzone, I feel yuckie and I had an allergic reaction to yet another piece of fruit!!

No comments: